How to remove from recently opened/edited files lists??

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

How to remove from recently opened/edited files lists??

Post by gmichaud »

Is there a way to remove files from these 2 lists? I'd like to be able to clean them up from time to time but I can't find a way. Even when I move a file and PS can't find it, I get an error that it can't open it but the file stays in the list.

Thanks,
Gerry
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: How to remove from recently opened/edited files lists??

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's supposed to popup a message offering to remove. Which it doesn't do. So please standby for the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I see update .145 was released but it doesn't offer to remove files from the lists. Should it?
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

If you click on one that is not accessible it will ask you if you want to remove it.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I'm not seeing that. It just shows a popup saying the file is not available. I've attached the popup. I'm running v6.5.145
Screenshot - 5_16_2013 , 10_42_13 AM.png
Screenshot - 5_16_2013 , 10_42_13 AM.png (19.01 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Are you using the start page?
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

No, I never use the start page. I'm doing all this from the File tab. I came across this problem by trying to load a file from a previous project (my project, not a PS project).

It would also be nice if I could just right-click to remove files in these lists, just to clean them up a bit. It would make it easier to find the file I'm looking for.

I just tested the start page and it does prompt to remove the missing file from the list, but I prefer the File tab because it allows pinned files that I often go back to. It also remembers more files than the start page. I think the File tab lists really needs an auto cleanup of moved/deleted files. Maybe even an [X] button on each entry to delete it.

But, I DO like the date stamp on the start page. That can be VERY handy. Best scenario, IMHO, is a merger of the best features of start page and File tab and eliminate the redundancy.

I just found out that clicking on the folder to the right of the file name on the start page opens that file's folder in explorer. Cool idea. If these lists were longer and allowed pinned items I would use the start page. Perhaps it could be redesigned to make better use of the available space. With the windows maximized the entire right half of the start page is empty.
Screenshot - 5_16_2013 , 3_52_49 PM.png
Screenshot - 5_16_2013 , 3_52_49 PM.png (134.98 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

Start page is something I created and the recent file page is a UI library feature (which we won't change).

I'll make a note of your start page suggestions.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.