Script Encoder for PrimalScript 2009

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

Script Encoder for PrimalScript 2009

Post by clum09 »

Hello,

I tried to use the Script Encoder option in PrimalScript 2009 to encode the VBScript. I have Microsoft Script encoder version 1.0 installed on the machine that I used to package the script.

However, when I executed the packaged script, the vbscript was not encoded.

The Windows platform that PrimalScript runs is Windows Server 2008 R2, and the packaged script is also launched on Windows Server 2008 R2.

What is the problem?

Thanks.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Script Encoder for PrimalScript 2009

Post by davidc »

Please include the build version of the product so that we can answer help answer your support questions.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

FYI, PrimalScript 2009 is no longer supported but we will try to provide assistance.

Please answer the following questions:

What options are you using to create the packaged exe?
And how are you determining that it’s not encoded?

Thank you,

David
David
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Hi Davidc,

The PrimalScript version is 5.0.652.

On the Script Packager GUI:
Select "Security" from the left pane and select the check box "Encode scripts with the Microsoft Script Encoder" then click on Build.

I set the Script Packager to extract the script file to the temp folder during execution.

When I launch the packaged script in the Wscript mode, I check the temp folder for the extracted script file. The script file has an extension as .vbs and not .vbe. I open the script with a notepad or script editor, and see that the code is not encoded - the code is the same as the original code without any encoding sting.

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

An option at this point is to save the script encoded and add the encoded script to the package rather than the vbs file.

A better solution would be to use the SAPIEN Script Host to avoid temporary files all together. I am not sure if you have considered that.

Please note that the Microsoft Script Decoder is no longer developed or supported by Microsoft and will also be no longer supported in future versions of PrimalScript.

The SAPIEN Script Host options provide better encryption and safer execution than using the generic engine and temporary files, which can easily be decoded.
Alexander Riedel
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Alexander,

Thank you for the information about the SAPIEN Script Host option. I should have used this option a long time ago - I just did not know what this option did.

When I packaged the script with the SAPIEN Script Host option, and after I executed the packaged script, I don't see the Vbscript file extracted to a temp folder. Does this mean that there is no source script file extracted to the temp folder when I use the SAPIEN Script Host option to package the script? Where does the source script file go then if it is never extracted into a temp folder before the script is launched?

Clum09
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

If you use the SAPIEN Script Hosts the file is executed in memory. It is never extracted to a file.

This article here my help you understand the options a bit better:

http://www.sapien.com/blog/2010/01/19/h ... -packages/
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.