System cannot execute specified program

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

System cannot execute specified program

Post by clum09 »

Hello,

I have PrimalScript 2009. When I packaged the Vbscript into a self-executable file, the packaged script execution failed with the error "The System cannot execute the specified program."

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: System cannot execute specified program

Post by davidc »

Please answer the following questions:

1. What version of PrimalScript 2009 are you using?
2. What OS?
3. Are you using alternate credentials?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

David,

The problem occurred because when I packaged the script, I had the file version and product version not matching each other.

For example, the file version was 1.2.0.1 and the product version was 1.2 only. For some reason, this caused the "System cannot execute specified program" error in all Windows platforms, XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008.

Once I changed the product version number to match the file version, the error went away. However, found this to be a bug in the PrimalScript since this should not happen. I don't know this is the case with PrimalScript 2012 or not.

Thanks.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The manifest / Windows requires that you set the version number in the packager as #.#.#.# format. Otherwise Windows is not happy and will refuse to run the exe.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 10 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.