Support for WSF Jobs

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
barry.m.clemens@boeing.com

Support for WSF Jobs

Post by barry.m.clemens@boeing.com »

After upgrading to 4.1 I tried to open a WSF script I was working on in 4.0 a few days ago and the editor would not show any code. It did how ever list all four jobs and would allow me to run the code in debug mode. I was able to create a new WSF using your template that worked fine. However when I created a second Job via copy and paste (changing the job name) I saw the same behavior. Is this expected behavior or a bug?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Support for WSF Jobs

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Nothing in regards to WSF file handling changed in 4.1
Can you email the WSF file (zipped) to support@sapien.com?
I assume the XML got mangled somewhere and if you send it I can take a look.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Support for WSF Jobs

I received your file and it loads fine.
I can open the embedded script in both jobs without problem.
Can you explain in more detail what it is that is not working on your machine?

Alex
Alexander Riedel

Support for WSF Jobs

I had upgraded to 4.1 this morning when I was prompted by the editor. After starting the download I closed 4.0. I then ran through the setup. When running for the 1st time it prompted me for a role. I selected VBScript/System Admin. The next prompt was for registration. I logged on to the web site and completed the registration process. At that point I noticed I should have uninstalled my old product 1st but it was too late. I then looked up my old product key and fould the web page to give me my new key. I restarted 4.1 and pasted the new key when prompted again.
At 1st I though I had a bad install so I uninstalled 4.0 then 4.1 and rebooted. I reinstalled 4.1 and tested again. Same resaults.

My About PrimalScript... shows both 4.0 and 4.1 keys
Alexander Riedel

Support for WSF Jobs

Ok. I understand that you basically have 4.0 and 4.1 licensing information but that has no bearing on WSF handling.

When I open the wsf you emailed me I see two jobs
in the workspace browser.

Expanding both I see an embedded script in both.

Double clicking on either script opens said script for editing.

Can you please verify this and tell me what it is exactly that is failing on your machine?

Thanks,

Alex

Alexander Riedel

Support for WSF Jobs

I worked it out. :)

The Workspace Browser was hidden.

If I open a WSF with one job the embedded code opens in a tabbed window.

If I open a WSF with two or more jobs no window opens up. I had to open (unhide) the workspace Browser. Now I can double click the embedded tag to open the code window.

Thanks!
This topic is 17 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.