PSE Build 561 Watch window manual changes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

To whom it may concern,The new version of PSE is GREAT again, as usual, BUT there are some small problems. One of them is that I can NOT edit a variable name that I have dragged and dropped into the 'Watch' windows as I used to be able to do in PSP 4.1.Also in PSP 4.1 I could mark the * character and then press the enter key to enter any value that I wanted to. This does NOT work either in PSE 2007.In the 'Variables' window NONE of the objects that have displayable properties are being display at all. This was where in PSP 4.1 that s '+' sign to the left of the Item was displayed to show that we could 'open' it to see what else was available.Please let me know when you can fix these.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

This happens in the PSP 2007 (Build 561) also
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll have someone look at the edit name thing.
Can you elaborate on the second item? I am not quite sure I understand.
An example would help.
Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,Yes I will be happy to.I would like to sent you an attachment but I just got the following error Message:Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied /forum2/functions/functions_upload.asp, line 688Let me know quickly what to do and when to retry the upload and then you will see what I mean.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex and Spoon,The attachment is on the way.Let me know if you need anything else, before I go to bed, it's 21:12 in Germany right now.
Alexander Riedel

Go to Tools - Options - Debugging - General
Check "Enable querying object properties"
Click OK, restart PrimalScript.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Alex,Thank you for describing the NEW Debug General settings for PrimalScope.That did the trick for the depth of the Variables windows.Are these values going to be overwritten every time that I do a Repair/Update?I hope NOT!Now for a little bit of something new BUT still related to these windows.The 'Call Stack' window is no longer connected to the 'Variables' Window.When I select a different level in the 'Call Stack' the 'Variables' windows contents do NOT change to that level as it did /does in PSP 4.1.If I might make a suggestion or two:1. Have the 'Call Stack' and 'Variables' windows in a two pane window so that the relationship is obvious and visible together.2. Have the title of the 'Variables' windows display which 'Call Stack' is currently being displayed.If you would impliment the option 2 above then you could also do something extra special and have multiple 'Watch' windows for the different 'Call Stack' levels, BUT this would probably be TOO MUCH for most people to understand. If you did this you could also automatically place Dragged and Dropped Variables into their respective 'Call Stack'/'Watch' windows.
DrewEaston

Post by DrewEaston »

Hi Alex,What is the status on these problems?Are you guys working on all of them?Do we agree that there are:1. Editing the Variable names in the watch window does NOT work.2. Selecting anything in the 'Call Stack' window does NOT change anything in the 'Variables' Window. 3. File Upload here in the Customer Support does not work.Did you get enough info about the 'Call Stack' and 'Variables' Windows?
Alexander Riedel

Rest assured that any single post here gets filed in our issue database and properly examined and worked on according to severity.

I'll let the webmaster know about the upload thing, that is not in our hands :-)

Alex

Alexander Riedel
FrankAndrew

Post by FrankAndrew »

Hi Alex,Thanks for the info.I have FULL confidence in you and your company. You guys are the FASTEST and BEST at solving problem in your software that I have seen in my 23 years of programming and Network consulting with the PC.It would be a nice gesture to let us users know that you have read and are working on the problem(s) listed.We can NOT see that you have even read the answers.Sincerely,Frank A.(Drew) EastonP.S. keep up the EXCELLENT work!!
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.