Cut and Paste Long Line Bug

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
joe.meng@boeing.com

Cut and Paste Long Line Bug

Post by joe.meng@boeing.com »

I saw that this issue was brought up on June 11 2007 by user djlurch. I did not see what I consider to be a solution provided. The Admin was jhicks.

Here is what is occuring in my case. I cut the text of a query from a Symantec product called InDepth for Oracle. One line was approximately 12000 characters long.

When I paste this text into any of the following (all I've attempted so far), all the text is visible. They all work fine.

Word
Wordpad
Notepad
Multi-Edit 8.0
SQL Server Query Anaylzer
Oracle SQL*Plus
Oracle Scratchpad

When I paste the text into Primal Script 4.0, the line does not display. It appears as a blank line. When you move to the end of the line with END, you can tell that the 12000 chars are in fact there. To be sure, I used the old DOS program "Debug" to examine the file contents. All the characters are in the file that PrimalScript is using. The line prior to the invisible line ends with the typical 0D0A hex (CRLF), then there are a few spaces (20 hex). Nothing different than any other line, except the number of characters between 0D0A hex pairs. It's a display issue. And very clearly, it is not a bug with the Windows API, as was the stated reply to a previous post. All the text is pasted into the file successfully.

PrimalScript is not displaying the file contents accurately.

I have used Multi-Edit for years and recently started using a purchased copy of PrimalScript. I like PrimalScript allot. However, the single most important feature of an Editor (to me), is I must be able to completely trust that what I see is exactly what is in the file. No more, no less. I need to trust this completely. I had this for years with Multi-Edit.

This PrimalScript bug is not a small issue. Please post here or email me a fix when you have it. I don't mean a workaround, I mean a fix.

Thanks

This topic is 16 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.