Upgrading from 4.1

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bob Denny

Upgrading from 4.1

Post by Bob Denny »

Hi again --I really appreciated that the tools nexus changes and additions I made in 4.1 were carried over to 5.0. I do wish my colors, styles, and help nexus changes and additions had also been carried over. I used the trick Alex told me about where you export the colors and styles registry info from 4.1, edit it to change the registry path, then import for 5.0. I also noted the new Save Settings capability and will use this for future upgrades! Finally I was able to restore my help nexus additions by importing the PSI files from 4.1... but I discovered that the original copies in the 4.1 folders were referenced from the 2007 installation. I had to copy the psi files over into the 5.0o0 folders and then re-import them in order to protect myself from uninstalling 4.1.Just FYI and a low-level request for future upgrades... -- Bob
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.