PrimalScript 2007 Trial

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
mwb1100

PrimalScript 2007 Trial

Post by mwb1100 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

First off, congratulations on the PS 2007 release - it looks quite nice.Now, with that out of the way... I now wish I had been quicker to respond to the beta invitation. I've downloaded the trial, and ran into a crasher while playing with the debugger. I opened PrimalScript's sample GetCharSet.vbs and was simply doing 'Step Overs' (F10) in the loop that prints out example characters from Wingdings 2 in IE:---------------------------PrimalScript Professional - C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript ProfessionalSamplesGetCharSet.vbs [break]: PrimalScript.Exe - Application Error---------------------------The instruction at "0x004ad082" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".Click on OK to terminate the programClick on CANCEL to debug the program---------------------------OK Cancel ---------------------------Also, if I were in the beta program, I'd have suggested that the PS 2007 installer let you select which (if any) file types should be associated with PrimalScript. The installer has a dialog that allows you to select which filetypes will show up in PS 2007's Open File dialog, but doesn't make it clear which of those it will associate (it doesn't necessarily associate all of the filetypes selected in that dialog). For example, my Perl files now associate with PrimalScript, which I don't want. I don't mind that they would show up in the file Open dialog, but I didn't want them associated.

Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript 2007 Trial

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:33 am

I'll look into that crash. We all know there is always one more ;-)
The startup wizard actually selected what gets associated,
but it does not remove existing associations. So if you selected them all,
they all have "Edit with PrimalScript" to them. The default "open" and "edit" verbs are not changed by the installer or the Customization wizard.

Alex
Alexander Riedel2007-08-15 16:35:26
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript 2007 Trial

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:43 am

Quick check reveals that this only happens when the actual VBScript engine crashes, which is rather rare. We will roll that into the next service build.

Alex
Alexander Riedel

mwb1100

PrimalScript 2007 Trial

Post by mwb1100 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:27 pm

So if you selected them all,they all have "Edit with PrimalScript" to them. The default "open" and "edit" verbs are not changed by the installer or the Customization wizard.I didn't change any of the setting on that page, because I thought that it wouldn't change associations. Now, I'm pretty sure my Perl associations had some other program set for the Open verb, but I wouldn't swear to it in court... So, I'll retract that claim (unless I can repro it).

Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript 2007 Trial

Post by Alexander Riedel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:14 pm

I programmed it, very sure of it :-)

Alex
Alexander Riedel