Can't figure out how to replace CR/LF.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tolli.lowell-forker@wamu.net

Post by tolli.lowell-forker@wamu.net »

What is "Replace Control Characters" - is that what I need to use to replace a CR/LF.In UltraEdit I use ^p to replace that. What do I do in PrimalScriptHere is the help from UltraEdit - where is the help from PrimalScript on this:"Special character summary:Symbol Function^^ searches for a "^" character^s searches for selected (highlighted) text when a macro is running^c searches for the contents of the clipboard when a macro is running^b Matches a page break^p Matches a newline (CR/LF) (paragraph) (DOS Files)^r Matches a newline (CR Only) (paragraph) (MAC Files)^n Matches a newline (LF Only) (paragraph) (UNIX Files)^t Matches a tab characterNote - ^ refers to the character '^' NOT Control Key + value."Thanks for your help.Tolli
donj

Post by donj »

I'm sorry that I'm not more familiar with UltraEdit, but all that's pretty meaningless to me :). PrimalScript's help is accessible (in v4.1, at least) from the Help menu - you can click on the "Manual" menu item to pull up the product manual.

Control characters are standardized, as in /n or /r; /n is a newline and I believe /r is a carriage return.

Does that help?
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

I have run into this issue too. I don't remember exactly how I solved it, but I seem to remember having to switch to hexadecimal code, then replacing the hex codes, then switching back.I'll see if I can find the post or email exchange dealing with this.
abqbill

Post by abqbill »

Hi tolli.lowell-forker@wamu.net,It doesn't look like PS will allow you to do this from text view, but it does look like you can do it from the hexadecimal view.HTH,Bill
This topic is 16 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.