Explorer Window Slowness

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
Dlashley

Explorer Window Slowness

Post by Dlashley »

Something I keep seeing in PSE 4.1.531... I right click on a WSF script. This wsf script does have a path to another vbs.
Example: <script id="LibNCC" language="VBScript" src="..LibNCC.vbs"/>

I notice it take about 2 to 3 seconds for the explorer window to refresh on the XP SP2 workstation.. It shows the (not responding) in the title bar... If I wait, it always comes back , but then PSE refreshes the script it is displaying and the explorer window... This does get annoying... Is there something I can do to optomize this or fix this..
Thanks
Dan

Alexander Riedel
Answers: 2
Been upvoted: 5 times

Explorer Window Slowness

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not quite clear on *where* you right click and *what* application shows the "Not responding" header.
Can you please elaborate? If you want, you can email screenshots to support@sapien.com if that helps.
Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Dlashley

Explorer Window Slowness

Post by Dlashley »

Sorry I tried to summerize ... I right click on the WSF file in Explorer window selecting Open with PSE. The title bar of the explorer window is where I see the "not responding" The script will open in PSE perfect... Then in a few seconds refresh int he PSE window..

Alexander Riedel
Answers: 2
Been upvoted: 5 times

Explorer Window Slowness

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please upgrade to the latest service build (535) and see if the issue persists.
I recall that there was a similar issue fixed a few weeks back.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.