Right Click file to launch PrimalScript

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jimmys@avanade.com

Post by jimmys@avanade.com »

Hello all,
I cant get Vista and Primalscript 4.1 to allow me to right click a file and open with Primalscript. I am refering to the additional menu option that should be present after install of Primalscript.

Thanks,
Jim
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Are you saying the menu option is not there or that the menu option does not work?

Try going to http://www.primalscript.com/freetools and download the FileTypes utility and see if you can use that to associate the filetypes needed.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jimmys@avanade.com

Option is not there. It was so easy to edit files before. When I was on XP with PrimalScript 4.0 or 3.0, I could right click a file and select "Edit with PrimalScript". With Vista and the latest 4.1 build, it doesnt have that option, although when i run the app fir the first time, I select to add this feature.

I tried downloading that free app....its not what I am looking for.jimmys@avanade.com2007-02-10 09:49:20
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Most likely Vista's User Access Control does not allow to add the appropriate registry keys.
I suggest switching UAC off, running the Roles Wizard again and then enable UAC again.

We'll look into it here.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jimmys@avanade.com

That was it....thanks.
scottw@sysoft.ca

Post by scottw@sysoft.ca »

You can also just right click on the PrimalScript shortcut and choose Run as Administrator, then do the setup user / roles wizard.
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.