Add Object to Job

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

Post by kevin.bell@src.edu »

Hello!I have PrimalScript 2011 and have an issue with adding new com objects to WSF projects (using vbscript). Using Windows Server 2003, I have no problems at all right-clicking in the workspace browser and getting a dialog to add new com objects I need in my scripts.However, with my Windows 7 workstation, I keep receiving the message:"The parameter is incorrect".What's up with that?Thanks! KDB
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Add Object to Job

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Not sure. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) and I don't see that.What exact build do you have installed?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

I am running version 6.0.146
Alexander Riedel

Add Object to Job

Do you see the dialog and then the message? When exactly does this pop up and, assuming there is and OK button, what happens if you dismiss it?Also, does the same happen if you select "Add reference..." ?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Add Object to Job

Please also indicate if this is a 32 bit or a 64 bit Windows installation.
Alexander Riedel
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

Well sir, when I right click on the script to "Add Object to Job" I first get a popup dialog stating:"The parameter is incorrect". The dialog has only an "Ok" button. If I click the "Ok" button, I get the "Select Object" dialog box, showing Name and ProgID as labels, but it is completely empty.If I dismiss the first popup, I still get the empty "Select Object" dialog.Does that help?Thanks! KDB
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

it's a 64 bit version of Windows 7 - the professional edition I believe ...
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

whoops! I have 64-bit Windows 7 but it is the Enterprise version
Alexander Riedel

Add Object to Job

Hmm. Ok. I have a hunch. I can add some diagnostics to the dll where that control is in for you to test.But before that, are you running under a limited rights user account?Can you launch PrimalScript as Administrator or disable UAC for a test and see if that makes any difference?
Alexander Riedel
kevin.bell@src.edu

Add Object to Job

hehe - the first thing I did when I got this workstation was disable the UAC.I attempted running the executable:C:Program FilesSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalScript 2011PrimalScript.exeas administrator, but got the same results ...
This topic is 12 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.