Primalscript2011 Add Project Reference Not Working

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

The Primalscript 2011 V6.0.143 Add Reference to a Project(Workspace) is not working properly. When you add a referece a Dialog box stating that the parameter is incorrect pops up. When you click on OK, the Add Reference Dialog box on Windows 7 shows no .Net components at all and no COM components at all. On XP .Net components are shown, but no COM components. This is despite setting the Options->Environment->Directories .NET SDK and Framework locations and /or adding/setting the Project->Settings Reference Path location, Strangely, on XP the .NET components shown are for .NET V2 when no locations pointing to .Net V2 have been set. Can you please explain why this is not working? Please refer to screen shots re: uploads/9145/XPAddReferenceParameterIncorrect.jpg
uploads/9145/XPAddReferenceNetDialog.jpg
uploads/9145/W7AddReferenceNetDialog.jpg
uploads/9145/XPAddReferenceComDialog.jpg
uploads/9145/XPAddReferenceOptionsDirectories.jpg
uploads/9145/XPAddReferenceProjectProperties.jpgpmclean@labelmakers.com.au2011-07-11 18:40:42
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A quick test here on Windows 7 64 bit shows it all in working order..NET components as well as COM objects are shown as designed.The V2 .NET framework is used as default if installed and no other framework is specified.Most commonly lacking permissions to read the registry is the cause for missing .NET or COM object listings.Assembly DLL are listed as found underHKCRInstallerAssembliesGlobalFor COM objects HKCRCLSID is enumerated. Various Anti-virus, live shield etc type products are known for blocking access to these registry areas.Under Windows 7, with UAC wound too tight you may have to launch PrimalScript as administrator. I will run a battery of tests here to see if I can replicate this.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Hi again Alex. I have given myself full privileges to registy HKCRInstallerAssembliesGlobal andHKCRCLSID, but the result is exactly the same. I have also disabled UAC on Windows 7 and still the same result. I have also run Primalscript as an administrator on Windows 7, and still the same result. The strange thing is that it does work on my home PC that is also running Windows XP SP3, ie I do get both .Net and COM components. However my home PC is a member of a peer-to-peer Windows Workgroup as apposed to my work computers that are both members of an AD domain. I login to the AD domain on my desktop Windows XP PC, whereas I login to the local laptop domain on my work Windows 7 laptop. This is so that I can keep my work environment on my laptop the same, whether my laptop is a member of the AD domain or not. I am running PrimalScript 32-bit on Windows XP SP3 32-bit on my work desktop and PrimalScript 32-bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on my work laptop. Also I do not have any problems adding project references to .Net or COM components when using Visual Studio .Net 2003 or Visual Studio 2008 on Windows XP SP3 or Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 Ultimate, on my work computers. I hope that this helps. pmclean@labelmakers.com.au2011-07-11 19:41:19
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Hi again Alex. I have just tried creating a .Net project in Primalscript 2009 on my desktop Windows XP SP3 32-bit computer. I then added a reference and it all worked as it should, i.e. I get a full list of both .Net and COM components for me to choose from. I hope that this helps. Here are the screen shots. uploads/9145/XPPrimalScript2009AddProjectReferenceNet.jpg uploads/9145/XPPrimalScript2009AddProjectReferenceCom.jpg uploads/9145/XPPrimalScript2009AddProjectReferenceOptionsDirectories.jpg uploads/9145/XPPrimalScript2009AddProjectReferenceProjectProperties.jpg
Alexander Riedel

Can you verify that you have this key in your registry?HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerAssemblies
Alexander Riedel
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Yes, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerAssemblies exists on both my Windows XP SP3 desktop computer and my Windows 7 Ultimate laptop computer. If this is the problems, why is Primalscript 2009 working OK? Here are the screen shots:
uploads/9145/XPPrimalScript2011AddProjectReferenceHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerAssemblies.jpg
uploads/9145/Win7Primalscript2011AddPorjectReferenceHKEY_CLASSESInstallerAssemblies.jpg
Alexander Riedel

I would have believed you without screenshots :-)I am not sure, but apparently the way we are supposed to find installed assemblies has changed anyway. We are working on updating this.
Alexander Riedel
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Thanks Alex, you rock, much appreciated!. I just downloaded and installed PrimalScript 2011 V6.0.145. The "Add Project Reference" is now working OK on both Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate.
Alexander Riedel

Cool! Thanks for letting me know.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.