PrimalScript 2011 VC++ PreReq Error

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

I am trying to install PrimalScript 2011. I had the VC++ 2008 x64 and x32 already installed on my workstation (Windows XP x64), and it did fail saying the VC++ Prerequisite failed to install. So I uninstalled both redist and let the PrimalScript 2011 installer re-install them. Both succeded, then it said it failed to load the pre-req and quit my install.

Any suggestions?
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Here is the specific error code from the log:

Error 4153. Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (32 Bit) mandatory prerequisite was not correctly installed.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

What is the file version number on the installer exe please?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Alexander Riedel

I will make the installer and the prerequisites available as seperate downloads.Let's see if we can fix it that way. I will post here when they are uploaded. This may take a few to modify the installer.
Alexander Riedel
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Ok, thanks!
Alexander Riedel

Ok, head on over to the downloads page. (Downloads link on top of this page)There is a folder called "Support files"You will find vcredist_x86.exevcredist_x64.exewhich are the original redistributable fiels from Microsoft, in case you need themThere is also a file calledPrimalScript2011NP.exewhich is the installer without these pre-requisites. Please let me know how that goes.
Alexander Riedel2011-05-16 10:46:47
Alexander Riedel
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Ok, downloading now.
joshua.staley

Post by joshua.staley »

Install worked perfect. Thanks!
Alexander Riedel

Ok, thanks.I am gonna need a little more info from you in a bit. I will collect what I need and post here.Thanks!
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.