highlighting large portion of long script

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pasdargent

Post by pasdargent »

I have a script that is 1134 lines. When I try to highlight a section that is larger than a single screen (PS has to scroll to keep highlighting) I get some weird behavior. It will stop highlighting from the original point I clicked on and start highlighting in a new place. It also gives some "video glitch" type of behavior where, when highlighting while scrolling, the top and bottom of my script don't scroll but the middle seems to scroll and highlight. It looks like it is moving text around in the script. Sometimes the name of the script turns blue on the tab as if the content of the script has changed which is hasn't as all I am doing is highlighting a section of the code.

Current setup:
PS 4.1.532 Enterprise
Windows XP SP2
IE 6
2 GB RAM

Please let me know if you need additional information to troubleshoot.

UPDATE: It seems to only affect portions of the script that have been code-folded such as a sub or function.pasdargent2007-01-17 09:37:34
pasdargent

Post by pasdargent »

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Or am I alone in this one?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will look into it. As a workaround, click on the first character you intend to select, scroll the the end of you selection and shift click on the last character.

Are you selecting OVER a folded area?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pasdargent

Post by pasdargent »

No, I typically see this if I want to copy and paste an entire sub routine. I expand the folded section and it extends past the end of the screen. I then begin highlighting and once it has to scroll the screen to highlight more is when I see this behavior. I'm not highlighting over a folded section.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.