Build 532: Tab Closing Graphic

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

First off, congratulations on another release. It's like Christmas as a kid for me every time there is a new release. A few initial thoughts.The tab header is now a blue to white fade. I tried changing the skin to Classic/Office/XP. Is there any way to return to the plain light grey? I like the old style better.There is a UI anomlie for the closing graphic X. Click on the tab name, then do some mouseover, mouseout movements over the x. In about 20% of my attempts, PS is not picking up the mouseout...and the X remains highlighted.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Ok, found the Tab Style/Button Style option. That kinda gets me back to where it was. However, the closing X is notably absent from the button (a bug?)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

No, on button style tabs this is not supported.

The gradient on the tabs is pretty subdued, I don't think that should be a hassle.

Checked the mouse thing and found it working pretty well.
Maybe your mouse is just faster than mine.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Button style: If not, why not? Note: I don't like button style, so in the end I don't really care about this, but others might.Gradient: Personally I prefer the plain grey background over the gradient. PS: default plain grey is the default for Firefox tabs, so I'm guessing I'm not alone in my preference.MouseOut: try moving the mouse slower, coming at it from a different angle, or different focus change orders. It is reproducible 20% of the time for me.
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

I had a go at reproducing the mouseout bug and at first I couldn't get it to happen. However, if I moved the pointer off the button very slowly downwards, then I could reproduce it 100%. This didn't happen for up/left/right.
This bug doesn't bother me at all but it did pique my interest!
Alexander Riedel

Thanks, we already have it fixed in the lab.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Alex: Glad you found it.When you mention "the lab", I envision a bunch of crazy professors all wearing long white lab coats...all huddled around a computer gesturing wildly. :)
djlurch2007-01-17 09:12:25
Alexander Riedel

pocket protectors, duct taped glasses, yup, that's us
Alexander Riedel
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

LOL.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.