PS 4.1 Crashes when scrolling

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I tried multiple times what you describe but no problems arise.

It would help to know how *exactly* you stop debugging,
or what *exactly* you mean by troubleshoot. My understanding so far was that this happens when you use the scrollwheel to scroll to the top of the file.

The more information you can provide the easier it is for us to reproduce and the faster we'll have a fix available.

Thanks,

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
whompem

Post by whompem »

I'm still trying to make it happen consistently. I can make it happen more often if I open a script, debug it (The script is 400+ lines long). Once it is done debugging, I iuse my scrollwheel to scroll back to the top of the script. This is when PS crashes.

So, 400+ long script. The script creates WBEM Security objects, WMI objects, ADSI and ADO objects, FileSystem Objects during it's execution. All objects are set to Nothing within the script before it ends.
whompem

Post by whompem »

I didn't realize my last post didn't take. I just re-imaged my machine. I will see if it works any better and report back.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, please let us know. We tried the scenarios you describe and were not able to reproduce this.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 17 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.