Recover from crash

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Recover from crash

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build:
64 b - primalscript 2020 - version 7.7.139
Operating system:
64 bit OS: win 10 enterprise

Question - does primal script have option to recovery from crash? By that I mean when working on creating a script and the computer crashes or freezes or just dies and you didn't save it yet. Can the tab/ps1 script be recovered in primal script? I know with ISE if it crashes it will recovery it the next time you open ISE.

Before people tell me I should save it when first starting to work on something or enable logging, I already do both. I save every 2 mins and have logging enabled when first starting. This is more random thought and I had to force reboot pc, again everything is saved and logged but I kind of like when ISE recovers those force closed tabs/ps1's.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Recover from crash

Post by Alexander Riedel »

If you have the option turned on, say you open a file called
myscript.ps1
As soon as you start modifying it, a file called myscript.temppoint.ps1 will appear.
It will go away when you close the file normally.

You can at any right point click on the document tab and select "Restore points -> Rewind to beginning of session" to undo everything since you opened the file, regardless of how often you saved.
In case of a system crash, you'd still find that file and could use it to restore a corrupted file.

At the moment though there is no automatic crash protection temporary save.
It is on our list of things to add, as PowerShell Studio already has a mechanism for that.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Re: Recover from crash

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Yes, I am able to see temp points but one of those things ISE does that would nice to have. Studio and SQL have it, which was little surprised script didn't. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something I needed to turn/check. Thanks
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.