PrimalScript 2009 error msg

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PeterW

Post by PeterW »

What: PrimalScript 5.0.630; How: Load .c source file, no edit, exit PrimalScript -> Error message: PrimalScript.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x00d7305d" referenced memory at "0x037f2108". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

What OS are you currently running?
Does this happen with a particular .c file or any c file?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PeterW

Post by PeterW »

OS: XP sp3, any .c and .h file. Just tested .ps1 file: same problem, no problem with .vbs. When you first close the file, then exit -> no problem.
So it is not a big deal, but annoying.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

No, that is quite a big deal. That's not supposed to happen. I can't make it happen here, so can you send me one or two of your files (zipped) to support@sapien.com just to make sure its not that.
From your description I opened a few .c, .h and .cpp as well as a .ps1 file and closed PrimalScript with the X button on the right top. I get no crash.Can you verify that this is what you do or am I missing something?
Thanks.

Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Thanks for sending the files. Opened them, close PrimalScript, no problem.
I am also runnung XP SP3. So we have to find another source.
Did you have previous versions installed? Other versions installed in parallel? Just trying to figure out what the catch could be.

Alexander Riedel
PeterW

Post by PeterW »

The only other Sapien software: Powershell Help and PrimalForms. Note that PrimalScript is installed at "C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript 2009" and PrimalForms at "C:Program FilesSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalForms". Only one instance of PrimalScript is installed.
As there seems to be a difference between file types (.vbs vs .c), it must be related to the way PrimalScript handles these and what gets started for these different types.
Alexander Riedel

No there isn't that much difference. Actually for VBScript it does a lot more because of the live syntax checking.
Specially on closing there really is no different handling.
It's a puzzle....
Do you have access to another computer? It would help to know if it is specific to your computer or if it also happens on a similar environment than yours.
Alexander Riedel
PeterW

Post by PeterW »

Just downloaded a fresh copy and installed on another machine -> no problems. I saved All Settings from the troublesome installation and loaded these in the newly installed PrimalScript -> no problem. So I might consider removing and re-install (but that is what you do when updating...). Anyway, this call can be closed as it is clearly an issue on one machine only. Thanks for your time.
This topic is 14 years and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.