Internal PowerShell debugger error

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Windows 7 Pro x64PrimalScript 2009 5.0.625 (Elevated)[edit]debugging vbScript files appears to function just fine, I tested breakpoints & variable inspection etc. That said:[/edit]When attempting to debug the following (indeed any PowerShell script I have attempted to debug), using the internal debugger (F5 or Debug -> Go), the debugger seems to:Ignore Breakpoints completelyDiscover syntax errors that don't exist.Using the attached file, the external debugger returns expected output, running the script from then PowerShell console & ISE functions properly, but the internal debugger ignores all breakpoints and returns:Line 59: Missing '=' operator after key in hash literal.*** PowerShell Script finished. ***to the output window, which is bollocks.uploads/25078/ActiveByOwnerPriority.zip
clintbergman2010-03-09 08:42:01
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am assuming "bollocks" is a technical term... :-)

PrimalScript's PowerShell debugger generates extra code to compensate for the non-existing PowerShell debugging API. Most likely there is something in your script that throws it off track. We will look into it.

The VBScript debugger is a completely different thing and anything in that part has no bearing on anything related to PowerShell.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Bollocks is totally a technical term, right up there with 'hoojoo'. :)I tried reading the debugger chapters in the manual, but couldn't follow the bits about the Machine Debug Manager service and what not on my Windows 7 box. Maybe I just missed the service or something, but that's why I mentioned that vbScript debugging was working, I thought it might be relevant to whether my PC environment was setup correctly or not. What else can I check to ensure that I haven't botched up my environment for debugging powershell scripts?
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

I've narrowed it down using the latest service build. This code:$output = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ owner = "hello" priority1 = & { $count = 42 $count }}$outputWorks just fine using the internal debugger, but if I add another property assigned to the output of a scriptblock:$output = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ owner = "hello" priority1 = & { $count = 42 $count } priority2 = & { $count = 32 $count } }$outputIt blows up with:Line 8: Missing '=' operator after key in hash literal.*** PowerShell Script finished. ***Which, to use a technical term, is bollocks. Hope that helps :)
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Any thoughts? Did narrowing down the error producing scenario help at all? Just checking up :) Thanks for all the help.
Alexander Riedel

We are working on it. I am assuming a fix will be in next month's service build.
Alexander Riedel
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Sounds good. Thanks for the update, Alex.
Alexander Riedel

Should be resolved with build 630.
Alexander Riedel
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Sure enough, fixed it is. Thanks!
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.