F1 Help Broken

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
KLank@TheHartford.com

F1 Help Broken

Post by KLank@TheHartford.com »

I'm running Primal Script Enterprise v4.1.531 and have found that the F1 keyword help for WinBatch no longer works. Prior to v4.1 I would point the WinBatch preferences for Winbatch Help to the help files and the F1 help worked fine. Now with the current version I can only get the help to work if I ONLY provide 1 help file. If I select multiple help files, the F1 help does NOT return any results. (Yes, I double checked to verify that a ; was placed between each file.)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

F1 Help Broken

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Nothing has been changed to that effect, but I can sure double check.
Would you mind zipping two of your help files and emailing them to support@sapien.com ?

That way it should be quite easy to test.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
KLank@TheHartford.com

F1 Help Broken

OK, I just sent you the file.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

F1 Help Broken

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for sending the files. The are CHM files and PrimalScript never supported multiple semicolon separated CHM files. This is only available for hlp files.

For CHM files you need to create an XML collection wrapper and specify the collection file as your online help file.

I found a fairly good description on how to create collection files here:
http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~HtmlHe ... ctions~VFP

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
KLank@TheHartford.com

F1 Help Broken

Thanks for the info. It seems that when 4.1 came out I had rebuilt my PC and a new version of WinBatch came out. With this new version of WinBatch they converted all of the help file from HLP to CHM files because Vista does not support HLP files any longer. They did however provide a collection CHM file so that will link them all without having to do any conversions. Thanks for the help.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.