PrimalScript crashes upon openins existing script

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

PrimalScript crashes upon openins existing script

Post by clum09 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

roduct, version and build: PrimalScript 2018 - 7.4.113.040918
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit version
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Hello,

My PrimalScript keeps crashing upon opening an existing script with the size of 650KB or more. This PrimalScript version is very unstable during using the product. It also fails to auto color the function names in the script when the script is about 650 KB or more. This makes it impossible to use the product when the script is getting larger.

Also, PrimalScript attempts to change the variable name casing to match the casing of the first instance of the variable after I typed it - it seems to keeps every variable casing as I type the variable name and keeps track of this casing for the entire script. This may be the reason why this product becomes so unstable and unusable when the script file getting to a larger size. When the editor keeps the variable cases, it makes it impossible to change the case of the variable after I first typed the variable name unless I use the Replace function of the editor.

This behavior does not happen with PowerShell Studio where it does not keep track of the variable casing - the variables in PowerShell Studio can have different casing which is the preferred way - it keeps the case I as I type and not controlling the case how I type.

Thank you in advance.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript crashes upon openins existing script

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The size of a script should not matter much, there is probably something else at play. Auto-case correction is an option and can easily be turned off.
From what you describe, it seems the parser has a problem with some construct in your script, which also explains the lack of coloring for functions names.
The best way to diagnose this is to upload a script showing these symptoms here: https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
That way we can see what you see and take it from there. Is that possible?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.