Debug doesn't halt on errors

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ambivalent

Post by ambivalent »

5.0.619When running a vbs script, even if there are obvious errors, the script just keeps on going as if On Error Resume Next was at the top.What gives?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you give us a specific example?
What obvious error is it ignoring? You say 'debug' in the title but 'running' in the text of your post. Please be specific as to what actions you take that produce a problem.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ambivalent

Post by ambivalent »

Example script (yeah, just the one line)this.doesNotWorkPress F7, no errorthe machine next to me running 4.1.542 halts and says MS VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'this'
ambivalent2009-10-21 14:30:01
Alexander Riedel

I get this in the debugger:
C:projectsRegistryAccessReleaseUMinDependencyregistry test.vbs(14): Exception: Object required: 'this'
(I pasted that line in some VBScript I had open)

But I am using PrimalScript's debugger rather than using an external JIT debugger. Is there a reason you are doing this rather then using PrimalScript's debugger?
Alexander Riedel
ambivalent

Post by ambivalent »

I'm using whatever the default is. Where is the debugger configured?
Alexander Riedel

Every language can have an external debugger configured, see at Tools - Options - Environment languages.
For VBScript and PowerShell PrimalScript has a built-in debugger that us invoked from the Debug menu or the Debug toolbar.

Please refer to "Chapter 11: Script debugging" in the included manual for further information.
Alexander Riedel
ambivalent

Post by ambivalent »

"The integrated debugger relies on certain Microsoft Windowscomponents, including the Machine Debug Manager and ProcessDebugger. These are already available on most MicrosoftWindows computers, although they may not be properlyregistered with the operating system."That's incredibly uninformative. I have neither of the mentioned components and the manual provides no indication of where to obtain them.Furthermore, why would it work as expected under v4.1 (which is still on this machine) but not in the current version?
Alexander Riedel

Because 4.1 works with old components and PrimalScript 2009 uses a newer set of components. We cannot redistribute these components, they are owned by Microsoft.

Are you saying the built-in debugger is not working?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Oh and just for completeness. You have these components, at least some version of it, otherwise 4.1 wouldn't work either.
Alexander Riedel
ambivalent

Post by ambivalent »

Are you saying the built-in debugger is not working?

Yes
Oh and just for completeness. You have these components, at least some version of it, otherwise 4.1 wouldn't work either.
So how do I get 5 to work?
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.