FTP Explorer: Delete Folder

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Yeah, I know.I believe we've discussed this before, but I can't seem to find where I posted it.Right clicking on a folder using the FTP explorer and choosing delete yields no action except a system prompt (fail/error) sound.A sound without a dialog box is not a good idea. It sends users looking for a dialog box so they can figure out what went wrong.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll check the code, but as far as I recall the ping alone only happens if the ftp server doesn't return anything usable other than "nope", which leads to largely useless messageboxes like "An unspecified error occurred".

General philosophy is that a dialog box not saying anything useful should be omitted.

But I'll check if I can dress the ping up with some information.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Yes, we did discuss this already. It must have been via email.The message would be useful. Something like "the requested action failed". That way users won't go looking for the ping box.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.