Unexpected Behavior

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Unexpected Behavior

Post by djlurch »

I use 3 screens. Normally I drag and drop a file name from windows explorer onto the top navigation bar of PS to open it.When I have an FTP explorer tab open and try to do the same thing, the file gets uploaded to the open FTP site. Not at all what I was expecting, and possibly very bad because it overwrites without a confirmation dialog box.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Unexpected Behavior

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It *should* only transfer it if dragged onto the ftp window itself.
I'll check though.
Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Unexpected Behavior

Post by djlurch »

Alex: It should be easy to reproduce. It is 100% reproducible for me. The FTP pane is the only pane open in my testing.It was kind of interesting because I have never seen the FTP uploader work. Sure, the FTP Save, but not that progress bar uploader.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Unexpected Behavior

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That's because you don't use the project manager to publish :-)
I'll check on it as soon as I can.

Would a warning dialog with a "Don't show this again" box work for you?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Unexpected Behavior

Post by djlurch »

I'm taking baby steps Alex! You now have me editing on the local machine again after not having IIS local for a few years.Pretty soon I'll be using TWO fingers to type.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.