Getting started with PS and asp.net

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
StUffz

Getting started with PS and asp.net

Post by StUffz »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript2017
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: win 10 ent
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Hi,
I'm slowly moving from creating single PowerShell scripts towards asp.net forms which will run and display the results of my PowerShell scripts to be more platform independent. I just installed the trial version of PrimalScript2017 but I'm having trouble getting started with it.
  • One thing that I like in PowerShell Studio and in Visual Studio is the WYSIWYG editor for the design view to create some visual output fast and uncomplicated so that I can focus on the code instead. Is there anything like that in PS17 as well? If it is, how do I get there?
  • I also can't figure out how to run and/or debug my code. I chose the asp.net web application as my first project and tried to run it without any modifications to the sample code. But my browsers are unable to connect and display the .aspx site. The checkbox for creating a virtual folder was checked. And debugging doesn't seem to work at all. All the debug buttons are greyed out. What am I missing here?
Thanks
Keyboard not found ... press F1 to continue
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Getting started with PS and asp.net

Post by Alexander Riedel »

PrimalScript has no designer for ASP.NET forms. It does have a WYSIWYG editor for HTML, but that may not be what you are looking for.
Running an ASP.NET application requires IIS running on a machine. If you do not have a web server running on your machine, your browser will not connect to anything.
Traditionally, you develop the files for a site on your local machine, the publish them to your web server.
As for debugging, ASP.NET requires Visual Studio for debugging. Microsoft has not published or documented the interfaces for this.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
StUffz

Re: Getting started with PS and asp.net

Post by StUffz »

alright. thanks.
In this case I guess I keep my PowerShell Studio and VisualStudio.
Keyboard not found ... press F1 to continue
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.