FTP Publishing Feature malfunctioning

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dgarcia109

FTP Publishing Feature malfunctioning

Post by dgarcia109 »

Product, version and build: 7.3.104
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Upon creating an asp.net project configuring the Transfer settings for the debug and release configurations, i constantly get errors and sometimes the application just crashes and need to force quit it.

in most cases the FTP session will just hang until a timeout message appears. other times i get a dialog stating "The password was not allowed". Using Filezilla with the same ftp settings always succeeds. in either case, the application becomes unstable requiring to force quit it.

I've also uninstalled the 64 bit version, installed the 32 bit version, and created a new asp.net project. the publish feature produced the an error message: "The operation timed out", but did not crash this time.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: FTP Publishing Feature malfunctioning

Post by Alexander Riedel »

What type of FTP server are running at the other end? Are the firewall exceptions for PrimalScript in place?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: FTP Publishing Feature malfunctioning

Post by Olga_B »

I tried to reproduce the issue. You get 2 different problems:
Problem 1. The message "The password was not allowed".
- This message is coming from FTP server, and you will get it only if credentials are wrong (username or password). Check credentials
Problem 2. Time out
- Got it only if using vm. I tested on windows10 Home, and Windows 10 Professional, on both vms got timeout error.

Are you using VMs?
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.