Output window resets

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
fr3288

Output window resets

Post by fr3288 »

PrimalScript 7.3.103
Powershell 5.0.10586.117
Quest AD Cmdlts 1.6.0
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

When I run invoke-command against over 1,000 computers the results are displayed fine in the output window until it reaches about 800-900 lines aprox. After that, the output window clears and the remaining results begin to appear starting in line 1 again. I suspect the issue could be related to the ThrottleLimit. If I leave the ThrottleLimit to the default size it works most of the times. The problem is constant with larger number in the ThrottleLimit.

I have tried it in PowerShell SE and in the Powershell cmd window and it works. I have tried by importing the Active Directory module or by using Quest AD Cmdlts. Not sure when this began but I have noticed it before version 7.3.103.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Output window resets

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not sure what Throttlelimit you speak about. The size of the output window is limited to about 50K characters. At which point it would not reset though but just start shaving off lines at the top.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
fr3288

Post by fr3288 »

I was expecting the output window to be limited by memory availability. Good to know that it has an established limit. If possible, it would be good to have that limit expanded in a future update to be able to capture more lines of output. Thanks for the clarification.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Generally, if you have that much output, it would be best to write the output to a file and load that afterwards. It will also speed up your script I would assume. It will also make it easier to view and verify information.
I will look into what we can do to make this easier.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.