New Open Save dialog issues

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
mwilson3
Meble kuchenne na zamówienie - na wymiar - Wrocław

Post by mwilson3 »

<This post was written using PrimalScript 2009 b5.0.616>

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! for the new open/save dialog!

Here are some issues I'm having with it on my Win7 laptop, though. Not sure if the same happens on other platforms, or even other Win7 computers:

1) When I click "Computer" in the Save dialog, nothing displays on the right. I have to view "Folders" in order to get to other drives. NOTE: it seems to work fine in the Open dialog.

2) Also, I can't just type in a drive letter & have it go there, which is standard with other Windows dialogs. Example: I should be able to type "C:" (or any folder) into the File name: field & the dialog should switch to that folder without thinking it's the name of a file:

----

3) PrimalScript crashes if I click "Homegroup" in the folder list:

Faulting application name: PrimalScript.exe, version: 5.0.616.0, time stamp: 0x4a7eade4
Faulting module name: CommonGui.dll, version: 1.0.0.19, time stamp: 0x4a7ead6e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
4) I cannot right-click a file or folder & Delete it. It seems like it should work, but nothing happens.

I'll post more if I come across them. Need to go for now.

Matt

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, Windows 7 is, as all new OSes, a new set of challenges. :-) I will look into those.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

All of these things are addressed in the next service build. With the exception of the "Delete" menu topic.
The dialog displays the shell's context menu and then returns the selected command to it.
Windows 7 returns an error code of 0x80270000 which just resolves to "Unknown Error".
For the moment I am assuming that this is a Windows 7 problem. It is possible that this meant as an additional security feature. We'll keep an eye on the documentation, since Windows is supposed to display an error message if a shell function fails.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

mwilson3

Post by mwilson3 »

Thanks as usual, Alex!Matt