PrimalScript 2009 Script Packager Crashes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
guttenbergbob
Meble kuchenne na zamówienie - na wymiar - Wrocław

Post by guttenbergbob »

Everytime I try to build an EXE using the script packager it crashes PrimalScript. I get the Windows popup "PrimalScript has encountereds a problem and needs to close." This was happening in 2007 and I upgraded to 2009. Same problem.

I am running
XP SP2
PrimalScript 2009 v. 5.0.616

It also places 2 files on my desktop
C
RCXA01.tmp

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Assuming you are using Script -> Script Packager...
Please go to "C:Documents and SettingsAlexMy DocumentsSAPIENScript Packages" and locate the .ESP file with the name you specified in the packager.
Please email that file to support@sapien.com.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

guttenbergbob

Post by guttenbergbob »

I sent the email.

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You are specifying the output file as
c:CkPwdAge.exe

While this is a valid file name specifier on an NTFS drive and designates a named stream called CkPwdAge.exe in a file named "C", it is not supported by PrimalScript's packager. You cannot store a package in an alternate stream of a file.

You can leave the output name empty to use the basename of the first script or specify either a simple name or a fully qualified path.

We will take steps to prevent the crash in future builds if such a file name is entered.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

guttenbergbob

Post by guttenbergbob »

Thanks. That did the trick.