Trial Version Popped Up Out of Nowhere

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bob Denny

Trial Version Popped Up Out of Nowhere

Post by Bob Denny »

Product, version and build: PS 2009 5.0.644
32 or 64 bit version of product: Unknown how to tell?
Operating system: Win7/64

I am still using PS 2009 (sorry but it works perfectly for my WSC-heavy editing). This morning during launch the usual splash screen (attached SplashScreen.png) appeared, followed by the main app and immediately a trial version popup (attached TrialScreen.png). I hit OK rather than Unlock Now because it has been unlocked forever. Anyway, once the app was running I went to About and the About screen showed two Primal product licenses installed yet it showed Unlicensed at the upper right. I failed to screen capture that one sorry. Then I called and later they called me back. After some strangeness getting logged in requiring your wqeb developer to reset my account, I got logged in and got my PS2011 license listed there. I already had my PS2009 license and it has been working. Well since it shows in the About dialog, I thought I'd take the chance and click the Unlock button on the Trial screen. I tried entering my 2011 license. No Go. Then I tried the 2009 license and it took it! PS2009 is back working now, so I am happy. See the attachment AboutScreen.png. I tried to explain what was a longer and more convoluted adventure as simply as possible.

However one of the things I encountered which sent me to the phone was using the Help/Register Product... menu item. It opens a browser to a dead website (see attached WebSite.png). I hope all of this makes sense. Anyway http://www.pass.sapien.com is offline.

You can close this ticket for the time being. No more trial version on my PS 2009.
Attachments
TrialScreen.png
TrialScreen.png (22.67 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
SplashScreen.png
SplashScreen.png (161.97 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
AboutAfter.png
AboutAfter.png (86.03 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Bob Denny

Re: Trial Version Popped Up Out of Nowhere

Post by Bob Denny »

It only let me attach 3 images, here is the last one
Attachments
WebSite.png
WebSite.png (48 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.