New file open/save dialog

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks, Jason. I'll work with Bob's video and see what happens.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

Jason

What I was sensing from you and others is a kind of stubborn resistance that SAPIEN should go to the old dialogs just because some 4 or 5 people didn't like the look or because there is a bug or because someone couldn't find something.Once you see my video you'll understand. I don't have the time tonight to do another - I have to be up at 0400. If this video isn't enough, I'll make another showing the problem with the mapped drive. Sometimes it takes actually seeing someone trying to do something that makes the light go on.
Alexander Riedel

I have reproduced the problem. It's as simple path parsing error. It will be fixed as soon as possible.
Alexander Riedel
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

Alex -- Good work!! Thanks for the rapid response.

Also try to save to a mapped drive by typing in something like Z:foofile.xxx and see the same sort of thing. It also likes to add into those paths.

I have some other issues with the dialog and unmapped shares (the ones that show in the Network Places as a result of the "crawler")... I'll try to make more videos as time permits (early next week).
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

Here's another video -- This is probably related to the first, but this time I just typed in the path to the mapped drive Q: (which is shown in the Explorer view at the beginning)

http://solo.dc3.com/sapien2.wmv
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

Here's one that's a bit different. This time I clicked on desktop in the left pane, then changed my mind and decided to view the Network Neighborhood by doublicking "Network Neighborhood" in the right pane. Poof, the save dialog went away. Re-opening it shows that my document got saved on the desktop. This was a surprise.

http://solo.dc3.com/sapien3.wmv
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

This one really got me today. I do not have the time right now to make a video. It's similar to the previous one (the sapien3 video). This time I double clicked a folder in the right pane, and instead of opening the folder and letting me see what's in there, it saved my document with the name of the folder and .js appended.

In addition, (saving a .js file) when I opened the Save As dialog, only some of the folders appeared in the right pane. As expected only .js files appeared. Choosing "all files *.*" not only caused all of the files to appear, but also all of the folders there now appeared.

In the end, I had to use the Windows Explorer to rename and move the file I was trying to save (the one that goe named <folder>.js into the place I wanted it, then open it for editing in PSE.
Alexander Riedel

Sounds weird. I did a quick test and none of that happens here. Can you tell me what "some" of the folders means? I mean is there any correlation on the naming?
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

I'll add some diagnostics to that dll and post it here for you to try if it helps or catches anything. It'll take a few hours to set up
Alexander Riedel
Bob Denny

Post by Bob Denny »

Alex -- I am so overwhelmed with work right now... I'll make you another video when I can. That'll show you right away. Don't bother with the diagnostics. Give me a day or so to make some time to make the video.
This topic is 14 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.