VBScript template wrong encoding

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

VBScript template wrong encoding

Post by jvierra »

sapien_vbscript_enc.jpg
sapien_vbscript_enc.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 3830 times
Product, version and build: since at least 2015
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: both
Operating system: all
32 or 64 bit OS: both

FYI - not a big problem but...

For at least the last three versions of PromalScript (2015/15/17) the vbscript file template has been set wrong. On each update tot the template I ned to open and save it as "ANSI" as it is set to "Unicode little-endian" which is not usable in Windows with WSH.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: VBScript template wrong encoding

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Not sure why you would say it is not usable.
It works just fine.
VBS Unicode.png
VBS Unicode.png (205.7 KiB) Viewed 3828 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: VBScript template wrong encoding

Post by jvierra »

Thanks Alex,

My mistake. I have been changing it since 2014/15 because it was once set to Unicde - big endian which will not work on WS2008 and earlier system. "Little - endian works.

Sorry for the misdirection. I should have retested before I decided to post.

I hope I won't be fixing VBScript for too much longer.
This topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.