DPI issue and PrimalScript Manual issues

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
harringg

DPI issue and PrimalScript Manual issues

Post by harringg »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript Version 7.2.96
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit version
Operating system: WIN 8.1 PRO
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I'm seeing the same issues on my primary workstation (not using RDP to access PC with PrimalScript). PrimalScript is run directly from my primary workstation (I couldn't find a reply button in the OP).
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10763#top

Dell monitor, DisplayPort, Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Also, I had some "getting started" questions.

When I first clicked New (Ctrl + N), I chose Powershell from the list of available languages, now when I click New, it creates a Powershell doc with no option to select anything else.

How do I select other languages when selecting new? SQL, CMD, etc.. I've looked in the settings and didn't see any way to reset it (or choose another language).

I click Help PrimalScript Manual and it opens Sapien Document Explorer 2016 and only the first page is available "Introducing PrimalScript 2015". This is a clean install of PrimalScript on this system.
DevinL

Re: DPI issue and PrimalScript Manual issues

Post by DevinL »

Your post hit roughly 3 points so here are my responses to them:

1) In regards to your default template issue, when you first used Ctrl + N it asked you to define a default template to use when creating files, which is that dialog where you selected PowerShell. So, anytime you press New (Ctrl + N) in the future the PowerShell script template is used.

In order to reset this, simply delete the Default.ps1 file located in C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PrimalScript 2016\Templates. After deleting it, when you use Ctrl + N or press the New button it'll prompt you to choose a new default.

NOTE: After selecting a default template, you can still click File -> New, and select a different file type there if you'd like.

2) As for your DPI issue, I'm currently unable to reproduce this but I'll see if I can't think of some other way to make this occur.

3) The manual says Introducing 2015 but the information is still valid. If you have any issues with a particular chapter, please be sure to post here so we can address it for you.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
harringg

Post by harringg »

1. Thanks, that's what I was missing, where to select other file types. File -> New is the answer.
2. Is there any system specs, logs, etc.. I can send to your team. See attached screen shot.
3. Resolved that issue too, I was on the Samples Browser tab, and not the Content tab of Document Explorer. I now see the full manual.
Attachments
2016-11-28_13-25-56.png
2016-11-28_13-25-56.png (36.38 KiB) Viewed 5726 times
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Glad to hear the other issues are resolved so now we can focus on the DPI concern.

Do you happen to have any accessibility options enabled on your machine? Such as ones for zooming text to make it easier to read or a higher scaling ratio than 100%?
DevinL
harringg

Post by harringg »

No, no accessibility settings.

Attached is side-by-side of another editor I work with and PrimalScript. I'm only seeing this in Sapien Apps. Attached too is PrimalXML 2016 showing the same issues.
Attachments
2016-11-28_15-00-18.png
2016-11-28_15-00-18.png (16.23 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
2016-11-28_14-58-21.png
2016-11-28_14-58-21.png (64.15 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You only see this in C++ applications, not in .NET applications. It is a Microsoft problem, but we are investigating. Most systems do not show this problem, so we think it is some kind of driver issue.
Can you please let is know what graphics card, driver version and system you are using?
Alexander Riedel
harringg

Post by harringg »

Dell Latitude E7440, Dell E-Port Plus docking station. Dell E2416H monitors (2x), WIN 8.1 PRO

devicename driverversion
---------- -------------
Generic PnP Monitor 6.3.9600.16384
Generic PnP Monitor 6.3.9600.16384
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 10.18.14.4432

If it's only affecting a small subset of users, I don't need to spend a lot of time troubleshooting. I appreciate the assistance, but it's not affecting my workflow, simply pointing out that it's an issue I'm seeing on my system.

A feature request for future versions of the manual would be to include screen grabs of the pages on the Options dialog box so those of us affected by this could see what the full text of the settings should be.

Thanks!
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Since you're using a docking station, do you usually keep the laptop that's connected open for a 3rd screen or do you close it and just use the 2 standalone monitors?
DevinL
harringg

Post by harringg »

When docked, just two monitors. Lid is closed.

When undocked, the Options screen is "normal". I can see all the settings at regular font size.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Thanks for that.

I'll do some more testing to see what I can come up with and get back to you.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.