PrimalScript theme preference not saved.

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robwm1

PrimalScript theme preference not saved.

Post by robwm1 »

Product, version and build: 7.2.95.0
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Hi,

I prefer the Dark Theme for my workspace but after I close and reopen PrimalScript, it starts with the Light Theme instead. I have to set it to the dark theme each time I start the application. Should I be able to save my preference so it always opens with the Dark Theme?

Thanks,
Rob

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
DevinL

Re: PrimalScript theme preference not saved.

Post by DevinL »

So far I've been unable to reproduce this on my end. The theme settings are stored in the registry which means if they aren't being saved, something is stopping it from writing to the registry.

Does your workspace have any special permissions that may be interfering?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
robwm1

Post by robwm1 »

Hi Devin,

I am not aware of anything that could be blocking the application. I even tried running as administrator to overcome UAC and the settings still don't stick. I've tried this on 3 different computers with the same results. I seem to be able to change other settings and they stay they way I set them. Since this seems to be common to more than one computer, I suppose it's possible that something is set in GPO that affects this like a side-effect but I do know that there is nothing configured specially regarding this software.

What area of the registry is this app writing? I'll see if I can change things manually without having to elevate permissions.

Thanks,
Rob
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

If you change this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2016\Options\Skin to "Visual Studio 2012 Dark" without the quotes, it should set your theme to the dark setting.
DevinL
robwm1

Post by robwm1 »

When I launch regedit, I get prompted by UAC elevation which is normal for our environment so I'm not sure this is a valid test on access permissions as compared to changing it within PrimalScript (user or admin context). I went to the registry path you suggested and I was able to change the value without any problems. I launched PrimalScript and now the entire interface is dark which is not the same experience as when I change it within PrimalScript. When I choose Dark Theme from within PrimalScript, only the window containing the code goes dark. When I set it in the registry, everything is dark including the ribbon which has been staying at light gray for me when I choose the Dark Theme. This is the same result as I see on my other computer.

I'm ok with changing the theme in the registry but it would be nice if it worked within PrimalScript instead. You're unable to reproduce what I am seeing so I'm not sure where we go from here. Do you know any GPOs that might have an adverse affect on PrimalScript?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I'm not aware of any GPOs that would cause this, however after speaking with a team member, I wanted to verify where it is you're changing the theme.

You should be using the Style button in the upper right hand corner of PrimalScript, is this what you do?
PSR_Style_Selection.png
PSR_Style_Selection.png (14.46 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
DevinL
robwm1

Post by robwm1 »

I didn't notice that control until you just pointed it out. I have been clicking on the File tab and open Options. Under Text Editor, click to highlight Colors and then at the right, you can choose Light or Dark Theme. What is the purpose of this feature?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

The feature was originally there for those who wanted a dark overall skin but with a light theme editor panel.
DevinL
robwm1

Post by robwm1 »

I see. Well that is the feature that doesn't stick for me. If I change it to dark, close/reopen PrimalScript, and the editor panel switches back to light. Style is what I was really intending to do. So this could be considered resolved at this point.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Glad to hear we've resolved your issue.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.