5.0.612?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bob Denny

5.0.612?

Post by Bob Denny »

After running the installer I downloaded via this

and selecting Repair, PS2009 is still showing that it is 5.0.609:

I noted that the installer no longer says "Repair or Upgrade", it just says Repair, like it did long ago.

Is this really the 5.0.612 installer or maybe the 5.0.609 one by accident? I noted that there was a 5.0.610 one out there for a brief period as well.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

5.0.612?

Post by davidc »

Hello Bob,

I recommend uninstalling version 5.0.609 first then install version 5.0.612. The repair option will not update the install.

Daviddavidc2009-06-02 09:14:03
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bob Denny

5.0.612?

Post by Bob Denny »

David --

I'll wait for an answer from Sapien, but thanks. I've always used "Repair/Upgrade" in the past. I hate to uninstall because in the past I've lost the myriad of customizations I've made to all aspects of the program, despite saving settings, in the GUI. Turns out you have to do it with registry hacking as the settings files from one version don't import into the next.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

5.0.612?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

*** Official SAPIEN Answer *** ;-)

Uninstall will not erase your settings. We are still evaluating Windows installer tools, so for now that's the way to do it.

BTW Bob, David is a SAPIEN guy. Get used to have more people in here than just me ;-)

Alex
Alexander Riedel
Bob Denny

5.0.612?

Post by Bob Denny »

Alex --

Ha ha... OK. I didn't see the "SAPIEN Employee" under David's name yesterday. I could swear it was something different...

FYI I greatly prefer the old "Repair or Update" feature. An update should update the software, not force you to uninstall it manually first. Yes, Windows Installer based setup packages often uninstall the old version without you knowing it... but it's all one operation from the user's point of view.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

5.0.612?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yeah, we know. We are battling with the tool, you know how that works. We are moving to a different vendor to create the installer soon and that will help this situation tremendously.
Alexander Riedel
Bob Denny

5.0.612?

Post by Bob Denny »

Good news. It's amazing how many bad tools there out there, and you can't tell how bad/good they are till you do a real project or two. Thanks for the feedback...
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.