Compiled HTA into EXE

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Rodent

Compiled HTA into EXE

Post by Rodent »

Product, version and build: PSR16Setup_7.2.92_071316_x64.exe
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

This is a resubmitted problem that was not resolved back in April and I left the company but I am now back and running into this problem again. The previous post was 'Compiled HTA into EXE into MSI' and is now locked.
I tried the last post listed with no luck.

Here is the problem again.

I have a HTA script that I have turned into an Exe program located in read only network drives, these are running and ending with no error messages, when I place then in C:\Program Files\folder I get 'Could not create Script'.

I believe that the temp script use to be created in the C:\temp folder and this worked fine, if I create a shortcut that starts in C:\Temp then it works fine from all locations but this is not acceptable.

Can you please assist me in resolving this problem.
Regards
Rodney
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Compiled HTA into EXE

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That is a tough one. We had users complain that HTA's extracted to the temp folder rather than the folder where the exe is, because they deployed assets with the exe, images, icons etc.
They found using the temp folder "not acceptable" :D
I will have to check what can be done for this. As far as I remember there was some adjustment for this, but I will have to look again.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Rodent

Post by Rodent »

Hi Alexander,

Yes, I agree with the other users and that the C:\Temp is not a good place but also the location of the exe is not a good place either.

I would suggest an option in the settings to change the location like a tick box that changes the location from exe path to temp path
or a text box that when empty uses the exe path and when a valid path uses that.

or something like that.

Regards
Rodney
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yeah, would agree but we try to take options out where possible, as too many options confuse new users and make the learning curve steeper.
I have a few ideas how to address this without an option. But in the meantime, install your app into a folder *outside* of C:\Program Files and see if that works.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.