Start Page Cleanup?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
scottngcis

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by scottngcis » Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 am

I have a question about the Start page:
Is it possible to clean up (i.e., remove) dead links in the 'Start page' tab?

I like the feature but am looking to clean it up so that it's not showing items that no longer exist.

If this is covered elsewhere, e.g. in a manual or on the forums, I was unable to find it. Also, if this is in the wrong forum section, my apologies.

jhicks

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by jhicks » Thu May 07, 2009 4:44 am

The development team may have to take that as an enhancement request. I'm not sure there is a way to purge links.

scottngcis

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by scottngcis » Thu May 07, 2009 7:23 am

Okay...thanks, j.

Alexander Riedel

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by Alexander Riedel » Thu May 07, 2009 7:44 am

It uses the default entries from the recent file storage in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2009Recent Edit List
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2009Recent Open List
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2009Projects

It's pretty obvious how the entries are numbered.
Standard disclaimer about messing with the registry applies, you should know how and what you are doing.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Alexander Riedel

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by Alexander Riedel » Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 am

For clarification, these lists purge themselves as you open and/or edit other files and workspaces, just like the MRU (Most Recently Used) menu items in any application.

So for a normal usage scenario you don't need to do anything and files not longer used will fall off the list anyway.

Alex
Alexander Riedel2009-05-07 15:26:12
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

scottngcis

Start Page Cleanup?

Post by scottngcis » Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks for the info, Alex.