PrimalScript opens error when create new XML file

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

PrimalScript opens error when create new XML file

Post by jvierra »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 7.2.89
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: W10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

See attached picture:
errx.png
errx.png (15.55 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
The path does not exist on my system. Did someone forget to remove test, Alex?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript opens error when create new XML file

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for reporting this. We will look into it right away. Do other file types produce the same error?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Alexander Riedel wrote:Thanks for reporting this. We will look into it right away. Do other file types produce the same error?
So far no. I don't sue XML often as I tend to use VS so I don't know how long that has been there. I use Ps=S1 and VBS and see no issue.

I get this immediately on select the XML file type so it should be easy to test. Don't test in under "Alex's" ,account.
Alexander Riedel

I don't get that error. Weird. I will investigate.
Alexander Riedel
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Because the path exists on your machine...???
Alexander Riedel

Check your folder settings in PrimalScript please.
Alexander Riedel
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

It does this for all XML types. XML, XSLT, XSD. I found not found that any others do this:

So tell me why on a brand new install that it is all set to "Alex"? This machine has never had PrimalScript installed.
sapinebooboo.png
sapinebooboo.png (14.03 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
I also know why you cannot reprodiuce this.

I have moved my folder to another drive. (relocated). Because the install only looks in C:\users then it apparently uses your existing path as a default.

Yours: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\SAPIEN\Scripts
My folders:

PS D:\scripts> [environment]::GetFolderPath('MyDocuments')
D:\Users\jvierra\Documents

I noticed that with PowerShell Studio. You build a SAPIEN folder on the C drive even when the folders have been relocated. Relocation is a normal function of Windows deployment especially in a domain. I am sure you know this so it is probably just older code that no one has played with for a while.

Hope this helps. As I said. I don't use the XML. For some reason the other templates do not complain. Only the XML files want to save immediately and complin. The other files want to save in the same location but when I try to save one the default folder changes to "C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PrimalScript 2016"

If I get the "path name" on a vbs I get: "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\SAPIEN\Scripts\Untitled.vbs"

I am sure if I set a good path the issue will disappear.
Alexander Riedel

A registry export from my machine got into the build. It is already fixed and a new build is up.
It only affects machines with a new install. So if you updated, this is not an issue.
For your machine, delete this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2016
and replace the UIDefault.xml in your installation with the one attached or get the new build.
The fire it up again.
Attachments
UIDefault.xml
(38.81 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Alexander Riedel
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Wow! Wasn't looking for a fix just wanted to get it on your to-do list.

I knew I could change it and have. Just reset the directories and all is fixed. I was pretty sure that it was a first install only issues.

You are very quick Alexander. I am impressed bu then Sapien products impress me so I guess it follows.

Glad to be of help.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

I made the changes and all seems well. I will let you know if anything comes up.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.