Some questions on PrimalForms

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
franky13

Post by franky13 »

Hi all,

first I would like to say a big Thank You for making such a nice tool like PrimalForms freely available!

I started playing around, and I already have three questions:

The option "Export and edit with PrimalScript" on the button "Export PowerShell" is greyed out, although I have the licensed version of PS 2007 installed. Anyone knows how to active this option?
As I am from Germany, I also used the german characters (like "ä", "ö" and "ü") in some labels (not for the control's names but for the containing text). The controls show up as expected in PrimalForms, but when I run the generated PowerShell-script, these characters show up as "hieroglyphs". What could be the cause of this and how do I get around?
In PrimalForms I see the good-looking, modern controls for buttons, dropdown-lists etc., but again when I run the generated script, the controls show up in a Windows 2000-style (no rounded corners, etc.). I know that I already read about this anywhere, but I can't recall where it was and if there was a way around.
My environment is Vista x64 with PrimalScript 2007 enterprise (if this is relevant for answering these questions)...

Thanks for any advice, regards
Frankfranky132009-02-06 14:57:57
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Hello Frank,

1. This option is grey out when the application cannot detect your installation of PrimalScript. This can be caused by installing PrimalScript in a different directory and having an invalid registry entry. You can fix this by finding the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2007

Update the path in the registry key so that it is pointing to PrimalScript.exe application.

2. This may have to do with Unicode and ASCII conversions, but I was able to add these characters to a button text and they displayed correctly. Do these characters appear normal in the script file?

3. Yes you will get the old buttons depending on where you run the script. The following blog post addresses this issue and if you use the ScriptPackager you will get the modern button style:

http://www.sapien.com/blog/2009/01/15/s ... -features/

Thank you for your comments,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
franky13

Post by franky13 »

Hi David,

thank you very much for your answers:

1. That was really the issue. But I am suprised that PrimalForms checks the key under "
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2007" and not under "
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEWow6432NodeSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript2007" (this is where the PrimalScript setup saved its keys) although it is a 32-bit application (as stated, I'm using Vista x64). Could have something to do with PF being a .Net application I think...

2. Unicode, ANSI, ASCII - I'll probably never really understand those things... The pff-File already contains those funny characters. However if I open the .ps1 with PS, make a dummy-change and save it again, everything's fine... very strange but a workaround.

3. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again
Frank
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Yes, Vista 64 handles the registry differently when running a 32bit application.

We will take a further look into these issues. Can you send us a copy of the PrimalForm file to support@sapien.com? That should help us find the problem.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.