PrimalForms: tweak layout of existing form

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
topher2798

Post by topher2798 »

I'm probably just missing something simple, but once you've made your initial form design, then export to .ps1 and start adding code, how do you open it back up in PrimalForms to adjust the layout or add additional controls? PrimalForms only seems to want to open pff files, which is fine for tweaking the form layout or adding more controls, but doesn't seem to give the option of opening .ps1 files which contain not only the control and form information, but also the underlying code I've added.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

The tool isn't a script editor as you can tell. What I did in those situations was export my revised form to the clipboard, paste into a temp file, then cut and paste the new form code into my working script. The sections are clearly marked so I could usually just remove the form generating section, keeping my script blocks and any functions I added to the beginning of the script.
topher2798

Post by topher2798 »

Thanks for the reply Jeff!
A bit tedious, but easy enough.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

I understand where you're coming from. I suppose I see it that I'm still very far ahead by using PrimalForms to generate hundreds of lines of PowerShell for me. A little cutting and pasting on my part doesn't bother me.
simon.savva

Post by simon.savva »

agree here wholeheartedly
This topic is 15 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.