Powershell Help

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tranpkp

Powershell Help

Post by tranpkp »

Retriving this upon installation of Powershell Help....Running PoSh CTP2 on Vista---------------------------PowerShell Help---------------------------PowerShell host cannot be instantiated, check system requirements and run installer---------------------------OK ---------------------------
tranpkp2008-10-20 13:47:07
tranpkp

Powershell Help

Post by tranpkp »

Thanks Spoon. I actually do have Primalscript installed. A colleague does and has a like configuration w/ no issues.Ran into Jeff at Techmentor last wk and he told me to hit up your forums so thanks for the prompt reply. However I ran your suggestion, it completed successfully and Powershell help continues to fail.C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727>C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727RegAsm.exe "C:Program FilesSAPIENPrimalScript 2007 EnterprisePWSHHelpCtrl.dll"Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.312Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004. All rights reserved.Types registered successfully
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Powershell Help

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Did you install PowerShell help separately or are you using the one that comes with PrimalScript anyway?
Alex
Alexander Riedel2008-10-21 13:27:47
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
tranpkp

Powershell Help

Post by tranpkp »

I installed the one seperately as well.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Powershell Help

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, you have a dll conflict. If you have PrimalScript installed, do not use the stand-alone version of PowerShell help.
Use the PowerShellhelp.exe that is in the PrimalScript folder.

That should work fine. If not, please let me know.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.