Can't get Primalscript Pro to remember settings?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ginolard

Post by ginolard »

I see how you save the interface settings but how do you get Primalscript to "remember" those settings on startup? I'm fed up having to autohide the side panels every time ;)
ginolard

Post by ginolard »

I am running XP SP2 and I have admin rights.Also, this is a fully licensed version so what do I need to do to be able to post in the Licensed Customers support forum?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The UI library saves its settings under HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript Professional2007BCGWorkspace
If it doesn't "remember" auto-hide, does it also not remember toolbar placements or which output windows, find in files etc where open?

In order to post in the registered user forum, you need to go to my.sapien.com and register your license key to your user id.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ginolard

Post by ginolard »

It doesn't remember that I want the Output window to be tabbed or that FInd in Files was open.Oh, sorry, I should stress that this happens first thing in the morning when the machine is started up (effectively after a reboot). During the day, if I close and restart Primalscript then the settings are remembered
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I suspect then you have something running that resets registry settings on reboot. PrimalScript has no special code for restart handling.
Export the registry node to a file. Reboot.
If every is changed, exit PrimalScript.
Apply the reg file and restart it.
If that gets the settings back then you have to check what you are running.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.