Security Bug?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
blazted

Security Bug?

Post by blazted »

I was testing the script packager. I created a VBS script and elevated the privileges to run as Administrator. I then used Windows Debugging tools and within 20 minutes I was able to extract the Admin login from the EXE file.I want to use the Script Packager because I need users to run scripts as Admin but do not want them to have Admin rights. Is this a bug or is it working correctly? I used the encrypt setting as well. if this is running correctly then this could be a potential security risk.Thanks
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Security Bug?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Your previous post was moved to the proper technical support forum, as notified by email.
Please look for replies there.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.