Powershell won't run on my system

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mlevison

Post by mlevison »

Help - I install PowerShell help and it won't run. I get the following Error message:"PowerShell host cannot be instantiated, check system requirements and run installer"I'm running XP SP2 - fully patched.But I've got Powershell installed and it works. I've even got the PowershellIDE installed and it works as well.So what am I'm missing? What do I need to do?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Which version of PowerShell (please get the exact version number of the PowerShell.exe) and which version of PowerShell help (see about box)
are you trying to run?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mlevison

Post by mlevison »

Powershell version 1.0.9567.1Powershell help version - I can't get to the about box - but the exe has a file version of: 1.1.0.57
donj

Post by donj »

I'm running the Help tool on an XP SP2 system with the same version of PowerShell, and it seems to work fine. Do you happen to have access to another system you could check? I used to have an XP box on which the Help tool would inexplicably not run; it was an older machine and had a LOT of software on and off, so I superstitiously assumed that something was just "messed up" somewhere. When I built my new XP box, everything ran like a charm.
mlevison

Post by mlevison »

As you original expected it was a version problem. Powershell 1.0 has a file version: 6.0.5430.0 - not: 1.0.9567.1 which must have been a late beta or RC1.SorryMark Levison
This topic is 17 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.