ActiveXPoSh

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
powellap

ActiveXPoSh

Post by powellap »

First and foremost, thank you for creating this object. I've often looked for something similar and until last night, never came across your product. I'm truly surprised by the lack of posts about this here as well as other places on the net.I would like to suggest a run method be added to the object. Something like:PS.run("PathScript.PS1")where run actually loads the script and runs it line by line just like the execute lines do. This would be a serious time saver when borrowing code from others.This may not be possible, but I was also wondering if it is possible to return an object to the script, similar to how the getvalue() works. What I would like to do is be able to work with the object within my own language once I get it created in PS.For example, currently it works this way, in kixtart$PS.outputmode = $output_buffer$PS.execute('$user=@{FirstName="John";LastName="Smith";PhoneNumber="555-1212"}')? $PS.getvalue("$user.lastname")? $PS.getvalue("$user.PhoneNumber")
But it would be really powerful to be able to do it this way:$PS.outputmode = $output_buffer$PS.execute('$user=@{FirstName="John";LastName="Smith";PhoneNumber="555-1212"}')$user=$PS.getobject("$user")? $user.lastname? $user.PhoneNumberThanks again.
This topic is 13 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.