FTP dll creates unwanted file copies

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is no longer allowed as the product has been discontinued.
This topic is 14 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
paul.gobey@eon-is.co.uk

Post by paul.gobey@eon-is.co.uk »

Firstly loving the ftp dll, but (you just knew there was going to be a but)the GET is leaving a copy of the files in the profile of the account that runs the script and when those files are >5GB the c: drive is filling fast,now for any wise guys who scan read, this is a copy of the file that appears as if by magic but only sometimes, the destination for the files is one with enough space.I assume this is used as temporary holding space by http://ftp.dll, can I redirect this temporary folder? how does http://ftp.dll determine the location of the temp storage?
wish listcan I have an FTP List/dir,
FTP Delete last but not least anFTP ThisWeeksLotteryNumbers
ThanksPaul
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

Where in the profile are you referring?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The FTP component uses WinInet, so it uses the same settings for temporary files as Internet Explorer does.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
theotherkidd

Post by theotherkidd »

Is there a way to change the upload type to ascii mode or binary mode when using the ftp.dll?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Not at this time.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
paul.gobey@eon-is.co.uk

Post by paul.gobey@eon-is.co.uk »

Alex said
"The FTP component uses WinInet, so it uses the same settings for temporary files as Internet Explorer does."

Thanks for getting back to me I can try and re-direct this location for the service account that runs the scripted ftp. This way when the ftp.dll randomly leave thes ftp'd data in the temporary location it won't cause so many problems (5 gb of extra files on the system drive at random is not desirable)

This topic is 14 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.