The latest in our video series demonstrates how to to create a Windows Service to kill a Solitaire process using SAPIEN’s PrimalScript 2018.
In this short video we show you how to build and install a PowerShell Windows Service, including:
- Create a Windows Service from a PowerShell Service Template
- Add the code from a custom Snippet library
- Build the script Packager
- Build the MSI Installer
- Install / Uninstall the Windows Service
Follow the steps in the video and be creative!
View the video here: Creating PowerShell Windows Service with PrimalScript 2018
*Note: In Packager Settings > Output Settings, make sure the default value for “Manifest Creation” is changed to “Embed a default manifest”, or the service will fail to run.
- Installing Windows Services Created with PowerShell
- New PowerShell Service Template for PrimalScript 2018
- Write a Windows Service in PowerShell
Learn about other SAPIEN Technologies product features by checking out the videos on our YouTube channel.
As always, if you have any ideas, comments, or feedback, please visit our feedback forum and reference this post.
Max Trinidad is a Technology Evangelist at SAPIEN Technologies Inc., and a Microsoft PowerShell MVP. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org