iPowerShell Pro uses a simple text file for listing Aliases in the Alias module. Each entry is a single line. The “alias” comes first, followed by a space and the cmdlet name followed by a CRLF. Please use all lowercase for the filename. Examples are shown below:
Save the file as a text file using the format:
DO NOT name your file:
as this will override the standard alias table when you add it to the system. You can modify the standard alias table by adding your own aliases, although this is NOT recommended as this table will be overwritten if you re-download the Alias Table from the SAPIEN servers.
You can add your own alias table to iPowerShell Pro by following the directions below.
- Make sure all added files have lowercase names. iOS is Case Sensitive for filenames.
- Connect your device to iTunes.
- Select the device in the Devices section of the left column.
- Click on the “Apps” button at the top of the Main Window area.
- Scroll down until you see the “File Sharing” section.
- In the “APPS’ list, select iPowerShell Pro.
- Drag the .table files into the iPowerShell Pro Documents list.
- Launch iPowerShell Pro on your device.
- Select Aliases from the Services list.
- Press the “Refresh” button at the top right.
- Press the “Rebuild” button in the popup.
- Your new data should now show up in the list