iPowerShell Pro is an easy to use remote connectivity and reference tool for users of Microsoft's PowerShell scripting language. It can connect to Windows Servers running PowerShell Web Access (PSWA) and allows for quick cmdlet and parameter selection, script sharing and execution and maintains individual history lists for all connected servers.
iPowerShell Pro will let you connect to and manage your scripts on various cloud services and live share those scripts with your server.
iPowerShell Pro contains full descriptions of each and every core PowerShell cmdlet, their syntax, parameters and examples of proper usage. It also contains the complete set of "about item" help topics as well as provider and alias help.
iPowerShell Pro also makes it easy for you to add your own properly formatted Powershell help, alias and About Help files. Just add them in iTunes and rebuild the cache in the app and your help files are displayed along with the standard Microsoft Powershell help.
iPowerShell Pro includes a quick search function that allows the user to type in partial search terms which results in a pared-down list of PowerShell cmdlets that include the term in their name. For instance, typing in "item" returns "Clear-Item", "Clear-ItemPropery", "Copy-Item", etc. A Cancel button resets the search list to the full list. iPowerShell also includes an alphabetical index bar which takes the user at a touch to the cmdlets that start with any specific letter.
All screens in iPowerShell Pro function in both portrait and landscape mode for easier viewing of long text descriptions. Detail screens are presented in HTML with tappable related links. All data is stored locally; internet connection is only needed to download initial data set or for blog or twitter access.
iPowerShell Pro is the perfect remote PowerShell access tool as well as reference tool for offline PowerShell cmdlet research for the system administrator on the go.
New in version 4.0.121:
- Totally reworked for iOS 7 compatability.
- New start screen. Select services from big, colorful buttons.
- Over 3100 cmdlets documented.
- Dynamic type sizing controlled by settings app throughout application.
- About_Help files displayed exactly like cmdlets with Dynamic Type.
- Added "Pull to Refresh" to several lists.
- Cmdlets and Providers display module name below cmdlet.
- Cmdlets can be grouped alphabetically by verb or noun, or by module.
- Module name now searchable and alphabetically indexed.
- Search bars are now locked to top of lists.
- Added Prev and Next buttons to cmdlet screens for easier navigation through cmdlets, etc.
- Use Single Tap with one finger to bring up toolbars in Servers rather than previous Double Tap with one finger.
- Pipeline Builder now optionally displays cmdlet descriptions and parameter descriptions from help file.
- Added additional keys to the remote keyboard with the most commonly used PowerShell symbols.
- Existing Server list is copied to iCloud and can be used across devices.
- Existing History lists are copied to iCloud and can be used across devices.
- New Mobile layout for SAPIEN blog pages.
- Share sheets allow for sharing data via print, email, Twitter, Facebook and AirDrop.
- Product list dynamically downloaded from SAPIEN web site.
- Added SkyDrive support.
- Cloud Services have icons to indicate folders and files.
- Videos service now lists and plays SAPIEN YouTube videos as well as videos added through iTunes.
- Push notifications: Receive push notifications for cmdlet updates and other events.
- Push notifications are automatically saved and can be reviewed from the About page.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- In order to use Remote Servers feature, you MUST install PowerShell Web Access on your server.
- Supported cloud services require accounts on their respective services and require access to the service from your server.